It is a given fact that exercise is important to maintain a fit and healthy body. Some people do not like exercising because they hate the fact that they have to go to the gym. Well, there should be no excuse for you as it is possible to exercise even at the comfort of your own home. With this, you should invest in the best recumbent bike. This home fitness equipment will surely be an excellent way to get in shape and reach your fitness goal.
With an abundance of brands and models that are available in the market, it is challenging to make the right choice. As a responsible buyer, you have to exert time and effort to differentiate the options that you will have. Make sure to decide not solely on the basis of price, but based on the innovative features that will make a recumbent bike an excellent fitness equipment.
Are you on the lookout for the best recumbent exercise bike? We are here to extend a helping hand. Keep on reading and we will provide you with insights on some of the factors that should be taken into account. We will also have short reviews of some of the best models, making it easier for you to choose a product that can provide the best value for the money.
- Reviews of Top 10 Best recumbent Bike
- 1. Marcy ME709 recumbent Exercise Bike
- 2. Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- 3. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
- 4. Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike
- 5. FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
- Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity
- FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
- Marcy ME709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike
- Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- 6. Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- 7. Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
- 8. Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- 9. Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 10. Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike
- Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
- Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike
- Buying Guide: Essential Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of Top 10 Best recumbent Bike
1. Marcy ME709 recumbent Exercise Bike
The variable resistance of this model is perhaps one of the reasons why it is ranked as amongst the best recumbent bikes under 200. The smooth magnetic resistance can be adjusted in eight different levels, providing you with the opportunity to customize the intensity of your workout.
The bike comes with an easy-to-read computer screen, which will make it easy to monitor the progress of your exercise. Some of the details it can provide include calories burned, time, distance, and speed.
The adjustable seat of the bike is one more feature that you will love. Multiple users will be able to have the seat customized in a position that is most comfortable for them.
To be able to keep your feet in a stable position while you bike, it is designed with counter-balanced pedals that come with straps.
Another thing that has been highlighted by many users is its durability. Even through the years, you can expect the quality to remain superior, in spite of its affordable price. The structural integrity of the recumbent bike also makes it perfect even for users with heavier weight.
- Compact size
- Operates quietly
- No heart rate monitor
- No preset workout
2. Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
If you are searching for affordable recumbent bikes on the market, this should be on the top of your choices. While it comes with a practical price, it is a good thing that it comes with features that can be found on the higher end models from other brands.
It is worth noting, however, that the design of the bike is semi-recumbent and not fully-recumbent. Yet, it can still be an excellent addition to your home fitness equipment.
When it comes to the design of the seat, a lot of users were also impressed with this model. It is not only large, but also comfortable. To add, it comes with a cushioned backrest. The seat and the entire bike can support users with weight of up to 300 pounds.
Versatility is one reason why it is preferred by many people. You do not have to be stuck with a single level of intensity. Whether you are a beginner or a pro in cycling, you will enjoy the fact that its resistance can be customized in eight different levels.
It is also filled with innovative features. For instance, the handles are equipped with sensors, which will monitor your heart rate. There are some, however, who noted that the heart rate may not be accurate, but just an estimation of the real value.
- Affordable price
- Easy to assemble
- No preprogrammed workouts
- Provides only estimates
3. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
Those who are looking for the perfect exercise equipment under 300 that can be excellent for cardiovascular health will surely be happy with this recumbent bike. This is going to make exercising more fun and you will definitely stay motivated as there is no need to head to the gym.
Taking a look at its features, one of the most impressive is perhaps its Smooth Torque Cranking System, which sets it apart from many other models within the same price range. With the latter, you can be assured that pedaling will be smoother, and more importantly, there will be no loud sound.
It is recommended that users follow the maximum weight limit, which is 300 pounds. Using it beyond the stated capacity can cause the bike to malfunction.
To demonstrate their commitment towards the quality of their bike, the manufacturer offers three-year warranty. Meaning, within such period if there are defects and problems, as long as it is not because of your negligence, the bike can be returned and it can be repaired without incurring any cost on your end.
- Large pedals
- Wide seat
- Assembly takes time
- Basic features
4. Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike
Are you searching for the best recumbent bikes under 500? This is one model that you should consider. The mere fact that it is made by one of the most trusted names within the product category can already give you sufficient reason to have it considered above all others.
Right out of the box, you can already start enjoying this product. There is minimal assembly that will be required.
It is also a good thing that it comes with seven preset workout programs. You can choose the exercise that you want. Whether you want a low-impact workout or you want to exercise with higher level of intensity, you will have the freedom to choose. It is also worth mentioning that you can choose from eight resistance levels.
Your comfort is not a thing that you should be worried about. The manufacturer makes sure that it is designed with the needs of users in mind. The seat is contoured and padded. Even if you are exercising for a long time, you will surely not complain of discomfort. It also has handlebars that are strategically positioned. The latter also comes with heart rate monitors.
- Large display
- Customizable seat
- No backlight
- Power cord is short
5. FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
Looking for a recumbent bike under 400? This is one option that should be taken into consideration. One of the best features of this bike is that it comes with a laptop holder, which makes it perfect for people who are often multitasking. Even if you are doing something for work or just watching a movie, you can still exercise.
Aside from the laptop holder, the addition of a massage bar is another thing that gives it a distinction above its competitors. It is going to massage your forearm while you exercise or work. This is one feature that makes the bike unrivalled in terms of comfort that it can provide users.
To make it even more comfortable, it also comes with a seat and backrest that you can customize based on the position that you want.
The bike comes with a high-velocity flywheel that has twin belt. When you are pedaling, even at a quick pace, you can be assured that it will not make any noise.
If you have limited space at home, there is no need to worry. The compact design of this recumbent bike makes it space-efficient, even in the storage room.
- Comes with massage bar
- Has a laptop holder
- Seat can be uncomfortable
- Display is blocked by laptop
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity
- Rating: 2,121 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Large pedals Wide seat
- Cons Assembly takes time Basic features
FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
- Rating: 4,213 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Comes with massage bar Has a laptop holder
- Cons Seat can be uncomfortable Display is blocked by laptop
Marcy ME709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Rating: 1,455 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Compact size Operates quietly
- Cons No heart rate monitor No preset workout
Schwinn A20 Recumbent Bike
- Rating: 126 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Large display Customizable seat
- Cons No backlight Power cord is short
Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- Rating: 2,253 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Affordable price Easy to assemble
- Cons No preprogrammed workouts Provides only estimates
6. Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
As one of the best recumbents under 1,000, a lot of people were extremely happy with this model. While there are a lot of things that have been praised, one of the most notable is the 10-year warranty of its frame. This can provide you with the guarantee that it is going to be long-lasting.
In addition, it is also worth highlighting that it comes with Schwinn Dual Track console. This means that there is not one, but two consoles. It can provide up to 13 different feedbacks, providing you with an excellent way to monitor your workout routine.
The addition of a USB port is also impressive. This means that you can plug your phone or any compatible device and enjoy music while you work out. It is also going to make it easy to export data and have it analyzed through a compatible app.
If you are looking for a recumbent bike that can offer versatility, this is going to be hard to match. It comes with 22 different workout programs and 20 resistance levels. You can choose which level you are most comfortable with depending on your fitness goals.
- Has a USB jack
- Slider rail system on the seat
- Ideal only for people 5 to 6 feet
- No LCD backlight
7. Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
If budget is not an issue, this is one option that can be taken into account. As it is relatively more expensive than most of the products within the competition, expect that it has a wide array of features that cannot be found in competing models.
One of the additional features in this bike would be the large speakers. Your workout will never be boring. You can have good music to pump you up and be motivated when you feel like giving up.
The versatility of this bike is one more reason why it is preferred by many. You can choose from 29 programs, including 4 that are user-defined. There are also 25 various levels of resistance, allowing you to choose which one is suited for your capabilities.
To be able to demonstrate their confidence in the long-term quality and functionality of the product, the manufacturer offers several warranties. For instance, the frame has 10-year warranty while it is guaranteed to be free from mechanical issues for two years and electrical malfunction for one year.
Lastly, it also has oversized pedals. This will minimize the possibility of slipping your feet as it will stay in place when you are exercising.
- Sturdy frame
- Has large speakers
- Weak fan
- Difficult to adjust the seat
8. Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
With this recumbent bike, you will be able to monitor more data while you exercise. It is equipped with two separate consoles, which can display up to 13 data from your exercise. It is also worth noting that it comes with a USB port, which will allow you to export data and have it analyzed through a compatible fitness app.
Looking for a way to increase the intensity of your workout? This will never be a problem with this recumbent bike. It provides 29 programs, providing you with a wide array of choices for your exercise. There are also 25 levels of resistance. Challenge yourself to go further and beat your previous record!
When it comes to durability, this is also going to be hard to rival. Based on the reviews that have been shared by other users, it is pretty much clear that it is going to be long-lasting. Even through the years and with frequent use, you can expect that its quality will remain the same.
Lastly, your comfort will be guaranteed with this recumbent bike. You will have complete control on how you would like to position the seat, depending on what you find to be personally comfortable. This is a good feature if there are multiple users who prefer various seat angles.
- Has acoustic chamber speakers
- Has transport wheels
- Sensitive parts
- Expensive price
9. Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Exercise Bike
This is one of the most expensive models that you will ever find in the product category. Will it be worth your money? Yes! It can be an excellent investment for health and fitness buffs!
Among other things, one of the features that you will love about this model is the semi-reclined seat. The latter can provide an effective whole body workout, targeting different parts, such as hips, buttocks, and thighs. The rotating handlebar is also a nice feature, making it an effective way to tone your upper body. The pushing and pulling pedal, on the other hand, can be excellent for the lower body.
The silent magnetic resistance of this recumbent bike is another thing that is impressive. It operates smoothly while making sure that it can deliver the required intensity. Another benefit of the latter is that it does not make any loud noise.
The multi-function monitor of this exercise bike is battery-operated. It can provide you with information you need to know to monitor your progress. It will display calories burned, distance, time, and speed. This will help you to easily keep up with your goals.
- Comfortable seat
- Adjustable resistance
- Expensive price
- Limited screen display
10. Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike
Allow us to start by saying that this is an expensive recumbent bike. If you are on a budget, this is not a good choice. If you do not mind spending, on the other hand, this is one option that you will surely not regret. It is filled with additional features you cannot find in other models, such as a charging port, magazine rack, and water bottle holder.
It is also a good thing that you will be provided with 20 different programs. There are also 16 levels of resistance. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned cyclist, there are workout settings that will work best for your needs and goals.
The design of the console is also worth highlighting. It is multicolored and can display data in a manner that it can be easily seen. The details displayed include your heart rate, speed, distance, and the amount of calories that have been burnt.
It also comes with an integrated speaker system. You can plug your device in the audio jack and listen to music as you exercise.
Lastly, it comes with frictionless braking system, which operates smoothly and quietly.
- Multicolor LCD
- Adjustable seat
- Expensive price
- Assembly takes some time
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- Rating: 757 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Has a USB jack Slider rail system on the seat
- Cons Ideal only for people 5 to 6 feet No LCD backlight
Schwinn 170 Upright Bike
- Rating: 448 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Sturdy frame Has large speakers
- Cons Weak fan Difficult to adjust the seat
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- Rating: 857 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Has acoustic chamber speakers Has transport wheels
- Cons Sensitive parts Expensive price
Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Rating: 92 customer reviews
- Shipping: Free!
- Pros Comfortable seat Adjustable resistance
- Cons Expensive price Limited screen display
Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike
- Rating: 74 customer reviews
- Shipping: Usually ships within 1 to 2 months. FREE
- Pros Multicolor LCD Adjustable seat
- Cons Expensive price Assembly takes some time
Buying Guide: Essential Factors to Consider
In this part, we will have a quick look at some of the most important factors that should be taken into account, making it easier for you to find the best recumbent exercise bike that is available in the market today.
It is without a doubt that price is going to be one of the most important factors that will have an impact on your decision. Yes, it is tempting to choose the cheapest option that is available. However, this does not come without a drawback. More often than not, just like in the case of other products, price is going to be relative to quality. If it is cheap, there is a possibility that quality is going to be compromised. Therefore, you should consider a recumbent exercise bike as an investment. You should not hesitate to spend more if this means that you will be able to enjoy better quality. Also, to find one that suits your budget, consider at least three different models and see which one you can afford. If you are a beginner and if you are a recreational user, you can buy one that is affordable and one that has basic features.
One of the good things about using a recumbent bike is that you can be able to monitor the progress of your workout. In the traditional bike, there are no features that will allow you to do this. Therefore, look for one that comes with a console. The following are some of the console considerations that should be taken into account:
- Information Displayed: The monitor must be able to display at least four things: distance travelled, speed, calories burned, and time. This will make it easier to monitor the progress of your workout. Make sure to read reviews and see what other people are saying regarding the accuracy of the information displayed on the console.
- Backlight: Not all consoles are backlit. This may be unnecessary for all, but it will be good if there is a backlight, which means that you will be able to easily see the display even in a poorly-lit environment.
- Size: Obviously, a larger console will be a good choice. With this, it will be easier for you to see the display when you are working out.
Feedbacks from Other People
To help you come up with a well-informed decision, you should also consult with what other people have to say. The easiest way to do this is to take a look at online reviews. A lot of users have been generous enough to share their insights. On the other hand, if you are wary about trusting the opinions of strangers, you can consider asking for opinions of people you personally know. Pay attention to what they are saying about ease of assembly, warranty, customer support, overall quality, versatility, and comfort, among others.
As what we have earlier mentioned, an exercise bike is an investment. Therefore, it must be able to withstand the test of time. There is no sense in buying a bike that will last only for a short period of time. It will be nothing but a waste of money. Make sure that it is made from high-quality materials that will be able to withstand the test of time. If there are flimsy parts that are made from plastic, it means that its durability can be an issue. It will also be better if there are fewer moving parts. To make sure that your bike will last long, see to it that it is used based on specifications from the manufacturer. Regular maintenance and cleaning will also be essential.
To be sure that the recumbent bike will be able to last long, it is important to make sure that it is easy to maintain. This means that it should be effortless on your end to make sure that it will remain functional in the long run. When you exercise, you sweat. Moisture can have an impact on the different parts of the bike and can make the latter prone to wear and tear. It is important to take time to maintain the bike and to follow the instructions of the manufacturer regarding how it can be properly maintained.
When a recumbent bike is versatile, it simply means that you will have complete control on how it can be used. It is vital for the bike to have the necessary adjustments so that you can have it customized based on your specific needs. Generally speaking, the following are some of the factors that should be looked at:
- Adjustable Seat: This will allow you to have the seat positioned based on the height and the angle that is most comfortable for you. If the bike is going to be used by multiple users, this is an essential feature.
- Adjustable Intensity: Most of the recumbent bikes have intensity that can be adjusted in eight levels, with some having adjustments as much as 25. This will make it possible to adjust the level of intensity based on your goals.
- Adjustable Handlebars: The handlebars must be customizable based on your height. The height of the handlebar should be proportionate to the height of the seat. If it is too short or too high, it can possibly lead into discomfort.
- Pre-programmed Workouts: Most of the advanced models available in the market will allow you to choose from various workouts depending on the type of workout that you wish to do or the intensity that is preferred.
Ease of Assembly
Generally speaking, recumbent bikes can be assembled on your own. You do not need a helping hand to have the pieces assembled. Most of the models can be assembled within one to two hours. Read reviews and pay attention to what other people are saying about its assembly. Make sure as well that the manufacturer provides comprehensive instructions on how the assembly can be completed in a snap. You can also go online and search for videos that provide step-by-step guide on how certain brands and models of recumbent bikes can be assembled.
This is one of the most important parts of a recumbent bike and will be indicative of the intensity of the workout that can be done. Consider the weight of the flywheel. If it is too heavy, pedaling can be challenging. Therefore, for beginners and if you wish to do low-impact exercises, it will be good if the flywheel is lightweight. In addition, see to it that the flyweight is smooth so as you will not have difficulty. Another important consideration is the noise. There are some models wherein the flyweight creates a loud and annoying noise when pedaled.
This is one thing that is often ignored by many people in spite of its importance. We highly recommend that you choose a bike that is portable, which means that it is going to be easy to have it transferred from one place to another. This will especially be true if you do not exercise in a specific location. It must be effortless to have it positioned in a different location within the house. One feature that should be present would be transport wheels, especially for heavier bikes. Make sure, however, that the wheels can be locked so that the bike will remain stable as you exercise.
There are two things that should be considered when it comes to the weight of the bike. The first one is the actual weight of the product. Some people prefer choosing a lightweight model basically because it makes it portable. Meaning, it is easy to have it transferred to another place when there is a need to.
Another consideration when it comes to weight would be its capacity. Most of the recumbent bikes will have a weight capacity ranging from 250 to 300 pounds. Make sure that the user is within the stated weight capacity. Using the bike beyond the capacity can have a negative impact on its durability.
A lot of people do not like exercising because of discomfort. In this case, it is highly recommended that you take a look at the comfort features of the bike, which will include the following:
- Seat: For a seat to be comfortable, it should be wide enough for the size of the user and it must be well-cushioned. With this, even if you are exercising for an extended period, you will surely not have to complain of discomfort. In addition, it will also be good if the seat is adjustable so that you can have it adjusted on a position that you are most comfortable with.
- Backrest: This is one of the optional features in a recumbent bike, but it will be good if you choose one that comes with a backrest. This is going to provide your back with a comfortable area to rest. This also means that the possibility of suffering from back pain will be lesser.
- Fan: Not all recumbent bikes are designed with a fan. If you are exercising, it will be good if you can have some air so that you will feel comfortable.
- Pedal: The pedal should be large enough to accommodate your feet. See to it that the pedal is integrated with straps as well, which will keep your feet stable as you bike.
In choosing the best recumbent bike, you should also take a look at the warranty that is offered by the manufacturer. If they are confident about the quality of their product and if they know that it is going to last long without showing defects, they will offer an extensive warranty coverage. Look for a warranty that last up to three years. There are some bikes with warranty that lasts up to ten years. Meaning, within such period, the manufacturer can have it repaired for free provided that the defects experienced do not result from your negligence. Make sure to use the bike as instructed to avoid the warranty from being void.
There are some features that are optional. Having these features could mean that the bike would command a more expensive price. Nonetheless, they can be beneficial in ways more than one. Generally speaking, the following are some of the optional features that you should be looking for:
- Speaker: Exercise can be boring. This is the reason why many people do not like working out. If you want to lessen boredom, one feature that could help would be speakers. This means that you can listen to music to pump you up. Music, after all, can be an excellent source of motivation when you are working out.
- USB Port: One of the good things about having a USB port is that you will be able to plug your devices, such as smartphone and music player.
- Laptop Holder: This is one optional feature that many people find unnecessary. If you love multitasking, this can be a good addition to your recumbent bike. This means that you will be able to watch a movie, check your emails, and do basic tasks while using the bike at the same time.
- Massage Bar: Some recumbent bikes are integrated with massage rollers either on the backrest or on the armrest. This is a feature that can make the bike more comfortable and relaxing.
Indeed, your search for the best recumbent exercise bike will not be an easy feat. It may be tempting to choose the cheapest option that is available, but this may not be a wise decision. More often than not, you have to go beyond price. We highly recommend that you first consult with the reviews from other users, making it easy to differentiate one option from the other. Take a look at the technical specifications and their features to find one that will be excellent for the money. If possible, find time to try the bike to be sure that it is suited for your needs and preferences. Their ergonomics, for instance, will be a critical consideration to keep you motivated in your exercise. It must also be versatile enough to provide you with options to have its functionality customized based on the intensity that is preferred.
If you are having a hard time choosing the best recumbent bike, refer to the brands and models we have earlier recommended. We have thoroughly looked at their features, as well as opinions of their users. With confidence, we can say that they are indeed amongst the best you will ever find. Even if you do your own research, these are the top products that you will surely find.
Frequently Asked Questions