Are you looking for the best recumbent bike that is available in the market? You will surely be overwhelmed with the abundance of the brands and models that are available. However, this should never be an excuse to choose just any product. With this, one of the options that should be on the top of the list would be Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike. Will it be worth your money? Is it going to be an effective exercise equipment? Keep on reading and we will provide you with insights to help you come up with the right choice. ┬á
- V-Belt Double Drive Transmission System
- Adjustable Magnetic Tension
- Multifunction LCD Monitor
- Semi-Recumbent Design
V-Belt Double Drive Transmission System
This is one of the best features of this recumbent bike and a reason why it can deliver unrivalled performance. In addition, it comes with a balanced flywheel, which is known for operating quietly and smoothly. The drive system is integrated with balanced pedals, which are designed to be large and strapped to make sure that your feet will stay in place while you are biking.
Adjustable Magnetic Tension
It can be frustrating to be using a recumbent bike that has limited options or adjustments that can be made. With this model, you will surely love the fact that it comes with 8 levels of resistance. If you are a beginner and if you prefer low impact exercise, you can choose the lowest level. On the other hand, if you are more serious about your training, choose the highest level of resistance.
Multifunction LCD Monitor
To make it easier to keep track of the progress of your routine, it is a good thing that Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike comes with a simple LCD screen. This will provide you with details about speed, time, distance, and calories that have been burned. This will allow you to see how far you should go to achieve your goal. It can also be excellent for providing you with the motivation to push harder.
One of the most common drawbacks associated with the use of fully-recumbent bikes is that they can be uncomfortable, especially for users with heavier weight. This problem has been addressed in this model. Because of its semi-recumbent design, it will be easier for users to get on and off the bike. The seat is also lowered and reclined, which is an optimal position to provide the highest level of comfort.
- Comfortable Handlebars: Gripping the handlebar will not require too much effort on your end. It is coated and can resist slipping, making sure that you can have it securely gripped when working out. They are also integrated with sensors to provide accurate data on the heart rate of the user.
- Foldable Design: If you are looking for the best recumbent bike that can be excellent in terms of space-efficiency, this should be taken into consideration. With its foldable design, it will surely be fitted even in a small storage room.
- Easy to Assemble: Based on the opinions that have been shared by other people, you will need a maximum of 2 hours for the assembly of Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike. Many of the parts have already been pre-assembled. The manufacturer also provides comprehensive instructions on how the assembly can be completed easily.
- Padded Seat: The design of the seat can also prove to be impressive. It comes with a contoured shape and is well-cushioned. Even if you are exercising for a long time, for sure, discomfort is not a thing that you will be complaining about.
- Non-adjustable Seat: While the seat is comfortable, there are many users who noted that it cannot be adjusted. With this, you will not have the freedom to adjust its height and angle based on what you find to be most comfortable.
- Poor Quality Parts: There are also some who noted that Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike does not fare well when it comes to durability. Many of the parts look flimsy and some users have noted experiencing defects within just a short span of time.
- Limited Warranty: This recumbent bike comes with a standard 1-year warranty. There are other products within the same price range with up to 3 years of warranty.
With its affordable price and impressive set of features, Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is indeed one of the best options you can consider. It has adjustable resistance, large and comfortable seat, and foldable design. Right out of the box, it will be a snap to have it assembled. There are also drawbacks, however, such as the limited warranty offered by the manufacturer, lack of seat adjustments, and issues pertaining to durability. Weighing the pros and cons, however, it is clear that the advantages are still more compared to its disadvantages.
- Affordability - 9/109/10
- Comfort - 8/108/10
- LCD Display - 8/108/10
- Warrant - 8/108/10
- Durability - 8/108/10
- Overall Rating - 8.2/108.2/10
Weighing the pros and cons, however, it is clear that the advantages are still more compared to its disadvantages.